name calling
Wow - it has been awhile since I last composed a message on this here blog. Things are still pretty much all about the wedding, though - and I suppose this is the way it should be when one is less than a month away from walking down the aisle!
Today I decided that I will change my name ever so slightly after the wedding - I will be adding Jon's last name to mine (RLD). Not exactly a hyphenated situation but a double last name.
I have been struggling so much with the idea of no longer being RL that I (we) decided to keep things the same as before - it will be easier for work, etc. But I was worried that Jon and I would feel distant not sharing the same name; so I've (we've) decided to be RLD for me and JD for him. If it makes sense down the line, we might both legally change our names to include the middle name, L. (See why I like him so much!)
So...that's the latest scoop on prepping for the wedding - unless you want to hear all about hunting down the perfect centrepiece vases and the scary florist, finding out that my alterations are going to cost me about $100 more than I expected...and on and on :)
Nah - things aren't really all bad. We're both getting pretty excited about the big day and there are plenty of details that are coming together nicely.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home