Small Talk

Monday, January 08, 2007

i'm a freak

At work...back to the grind. Wait - what am I talking about?? I love my job. Sometimes I wonder why it was so easy for me to decide what sort of career I should have and then to just go out and get it. Ok - it wasn't THAT easy...but looking back, it seems that way.

It's sort of like when Jon and I were apartment hunting and after much frustration I just pointed at the highrise that I wanted to live in and said "I want that." I was kidding and being a big baby - but guess where we are living now...yep. This freakish nature of mine sometimes scares me.

When I wanted to work at the CC I just walked into the building and visualized myself being a part of the environment. I was even able to draw up a vivid image of myself surrounded by marketing materials - brochures, posters, etc. And now guess what I do for a living.

In a random literal-twist we once held a hilarious staff photo session (several years ago) where I was covered with brochures up to my neck and then the photo was taken from above - American Beauty style (tho' I was clothed!).

Now I just wish I could help someone important to me find a way to be just as happy with their day...

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh ooh! Who is it?

1:01 AM  
Blogger T. said...

lol me too!! ooh ooh!

3:18 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

two words: math teacher

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home